Lakeview Meadows – 55 Retirement Community
Lacey, Washington is located on the extreme southern tip of Puget Sound on Budd Inlet. The majestic mountains of the Olympic National Park and the waters of the Puget Sound provide a rare backdrop. This is a city for those who enjoy being close to one of the world’s great outdoor environments. As a relaxed mid-sized college town you’ll find a culturally strong, vibrant community full of recreational and cultural activities. Many favorite pastimes can be enjoyed just minutes from home, such as theatre, fishing, boating, golf, swimming and hiking, it is just one reason why this town is a popular home for retirees. The Evergreen State College, St. Martin’s University and South Puget Sound Community College offer musical performances, classes and lectures which are open to the public, and a wonderful place to continue your academic pursuits. Catch a play, a world-class opera or a rousing musical production at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts. There are several theater companies, a symphony orchestra, multiple art galleries to browse, a weekend art walk, music in the park, and film festivals throughout the year. A fabulous Farmers Market is located within walking distance to the Historical Percival Landing and boardwalk which is a great place to watch the comings and goings of boats and ships in the bay. The city of Lacey offers plenty of open spaces and beautiful parklands, minutes from mountains for hiking and beaches for exploring. The area provides a low crime rate, great air quality and an opportunity for an active lifestyle. This diverse city has a mild climate with four seasons to enjoy.
Lakeview Meadows is a family-owned and operated retirement community. We are conveniently located with easy access to the I-5 corridor. As you tour the 15 acre, 65 lot community, the family’s pride in ownership is quite evident. The community boasts large greenbelts and natural buffer areas with walking trails and sidewalks meandering through the pastureland like setting. Pet owners will enjoy the variety of trails and birders will be delighted with the variety of birds that visit this area. Adjacent to our property is the Chehalis Western Trail, which is a 21 mile long paved bicycle and pedestrian commuting trail, you can take your dog on a quiet stroll to the lake or go on an invigorating bike ride to town. This well maintained trail is a great asset to have close at hand for exercise or pure enjoyment of the surrounding natural environment. This community feels so close to nature yet you are minutes from the amenities of town.
Conveniences of Living at Lakeview Meadows
- Adjacent: the Chehalis Western Trail and 46 acre undeveloped park
- Two (2) blocks: Chiropractor, hair salon, coffee shop, gym
- Two (2) miles and under: Safeway, QFC, Rite-Aid, Lowes, car wash, auto store, veterinary, insurance agency, along with fast food, take-out, and family-style dining restaurants. There are several major banks, credit unions, dental and medical facilities all within the same distance.
- Two (2) miles and over: Colonial Estates Clubhouse, The Colonial Inn retirement apartments, Fire Station, Library, Capital City Golf Course, Indian Summer Golf and Country Club, YMCA, and Amtrak Railway Station
- Four (4) miles: St. Peters Hospital, Group Health, Lacey Community Center
- Six (6) miles: Olympia Farmers Market, Washington Center for the Performing Arts, State Capital, West Bay Marina, Olympia Yacht Club, Children’s Hands on Museum
- Nine (9) miles: Red Wind Casino
- Fifteen (15) miles: Joint Base Lewis McChord Main Gate
- Seventeen (17) miles: Madigan Hospital
- Forty nine (49) miles: Seattle/Tacoma International Airport
- Sixty (60) miles: Downtown Seattle
- Seventy-three (73) miles: Ocean Beaches at Westport
- Seventy-seven (77) miles: Paradise at Mt. Rainier
Residents of Lakeview Meadows are encouraged to enjoy the amenities of our sister properties owned by DeTray’s Family Enterprises; Colonial Estates, a well established manufactured home retirement community and The Colonial Inn, independent retirement apartments. A clubhouse located at Colonial Estates provides many enjoyable amenities including an indoor swimming pool, spa, and exercise area, a meeting room with full kitchen, big screen TV, piano, dance floor, and billiards. The clubhouse can be reserved for your private parties or family gatherings. There are scheduled activities that you may wish to join, such as, pinochle, bridge, bingo, crafts, water aerobics, zumba, and more. The Colonial Inn, with its in house restaurant can provide you with meals to go or stay and enjoy the ambiance of the dining room. The social calendar is always full with daily activities, from card games to movie night. Weekly excursions, including transportation, keeps things exciting at the Inn, just sign up early so you don’t miss out on the fun.
Lakeview Meadows lifestyle provides the freedom to enjoy life. It allows more time to do the things you want to do, adding quality to your life.